Bernacki & Associates, Inc.
Bernacki & Associates Inc. is one of Chicago’s most respected conservation and restoration firms specializing in period and contemporary fine furniture, objects, historic millwork and architectural elements. Established over 25 years ago, Bernacki & Associates has become renowned both locally and nationwide as a comprehensive conservation and restoration resource. Clients include museums, antique and art dealers, private collectors, designers, insurance claims specialists, and discerning art-owners.
Selected Bernacki & Associates projects include:
- The Farnsworth House (Plano, Illinois, designed by Mies van der Rohe, 1951). Furniture restoration performed after the 1997 Fox River flood
- The Blackstone Memorial Library (Chicago, Illinois, built in 1903). Restoration of cupola ornamental gilt plaster
- Nelda C. and H.J. Luther Stark Foundation (Orange, Texas). Assessment and Treatment Design for museum collection and interiors damaged in Hurricane Katrina
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art (Cedar Rapids, Iowa). Conservation services for wooden objects damaged by flooding
- Iowa University Museum of Art (Iowa City, Iowa). Security and emergency evacuation of art objects during 2008 Iowa flood
- Chicago Public Schools, Lane Tech High School (Chicago, Illinois). Conservation of 12 mahogany relief sculpture panels by Peter Paul Ott, created for the Work Progress Administration (1931)
- Chicago Sinai Congregation (Chicago, Illinois). Structural repair and conservation of Frieze of Prophets, sculptural relief panels (circa 1912)
- Ten Chimneys Foundation (Genesee Depot, Wisconsin, designed by Alfred Lunt, 1913). Conservation of museum furniture collection
Bernacki & Associates, Inc. is a founding member of Conservation & Design International and active part of DPR Art Rescue a 24-hour nationwide emergencye service.
All work completed by Bernacki & Associates, Inc. is strictly documented and performed in accordance to the standards of the AIC code of ethics.